The Aputure LS C120D II is a complete re-design of the original C120D. We’ve taken all of your favorite features of the C120D and have jam packed it with upgrades, improvements and new features.
The 120d MKII boasts an incredible luminance of 135,000 lux at 0.5 meters away with the Aputure Fresnel. With an approximate brightness equivalent to a 1,000-watt tungsten light, the 120d MK2 is nearly 25% brighter than the 1st generation C120D, making it competitive with some of the highest-grade studio lights on the market.
Impeccable Color Fidelity
Quantity of light is important, but quality is even more important. The 120d II has gone through intense color quality testing, using not only CRI ratings, but the industry standard Television Lighting Consistency Index (TLCI). In both tests, the 120d markII scores CRI over 96 and TLCI over 97, guaranteeing you are receiving the highest color quality possible.
DMX is the worldwide industry standard for film & television studios, theatre, broadcast, and all forms of digital networking systems. The 120d Mark II comes with DMX capability, allowing studio creatives to maximize their range of uses for their lighting arsenal.
The 120d Mark 2’s DMX system is also pre-programmed with special lighting effects (i.e. thunder, fireworks, etc.) and allows users to input their own effects, creating a light that has truly limitless possibilities.
Build Quality Upgrades
The original C120D was revolutionary for its compact size and high build quality. The 120dM2 now takes this a step further with a new round of upgrades.
Combined Controller-Power Unit
The most notable of these upgrades is its power unit - the C120D II is now powered by a single, all-in-one power box. Made of aircraft-grade aluminum but maintaining its lightweight build, a single power unit means less cabling and power components so filmmakers spend less time setting up their light, and more time being creative.
Neutrik Cable Locks
Color coded Neutrik cable systems allow for more flexibility in where your light can be placed, and advanced locking systems ensure maximum safety, no matter your set’s challenges and environment.
Handbrake Locking Yoke
A re-designed yoke construction accommodates an expanded range of motion with over 330 degrees, letting you angle and point your light anywhere needed. An improved user-friendly handgrip design also allows for highly intuitive controls.
While the C120D II boasts an impressive studio grade build quality, it still weighs in at just over 2kg (4.8lbs) allowing filmmakers to easily take this light anywhere without having to worry about the transportation issues that frequently come with larger tungsten fixtures.
The Brightest or the Dimmest
The C120D II has taken the precision controls of the C120D and expands upon them even further, allowing for dimming seamlessly from 100% all the down to 1%, meaning the C120D II is capable of being both the brightest and dimmest light on your set.
While the original C120D came in at 6000K, the C120D II has a perfect 5500K daylight, allowing it to perfectly blend with other daylight-balanced lights in the Aputure ecosystem.
Everything You Love About the Original C120D, and More
While all of these incredible upgrades are worthy of note, the C120D II still has many of the same features as the 1st Generation C120D, including the universal Bowens mount, ultra-silent temperature control system, wireless remote, and the same crowd-favorite carrying bag.
• Over 25% increase in luminous emittance over its previous generation
• 30,000 lux @ 0.5m and incredible 135,000 lux @ 0.5m with Aputure Fresnel mount
• Accurate colour rendition for filmmaking, with CRI rated 96+ and TLCI rated 97+
• Large cooling room and intelligent temperature control system for consistent whole-day output
• Inbuilt electrical fan runs amazingly quiet at only 18dB
• Popular industry Bowen-S mount for fast mount wide range of accessories
• Tough lightweight aircraft grade aluminum body for easy carry-around (2.2KG)
• Wireless remote brightness adjusts @ max. 100m away with 2.4G FSK technology
• Separated light control design creates well-balanced center of gravity, eliminates use of weight bags
• Efficient handgrip design allows one-hand operation while adjusting light direction
• 5500k colour temp matches the sun and blend seamlessly as white light for natural look
• New 0%-100% stepless brightness / dim control allows greater control and sensitivity
• Re-designed power adapter now inbuilt with controller, less connections, less hassles
• Re-designed NEUTRIK connector for better and safer connectivity
• 6 meters power cable length for larger and wider production light setup
• Re-designed support tube construction for stronger support
• Re-designed mechanical disc brake firmly holds onto the rotation angle of light
• Re-designed U-Frame construction allow 330 degrees rotation for full mounting flexibility
• Take your filmmaking to a whole new level with the brand-new DMX lightning function
• Comes with 5 pre-programmed lightning effects: Paparazzi, Fireworks, Fault bulb, Lightning, and TV
• Supports wireless DMX adapters to control light with Smartphones, Tablets or Laptops (not included.)
• You can design or add more light effects with professional DMX software (not included.)
*This is an averaged result, so the number might be slightly different on each light
1x 120d2 Light + protection cover
1x Controller box
1x Hanging column
1x Power cable
1x Connecting cable
1x VA-Remote RC1
1x Button battery
1x Carrying bag
1x Product manual
1x Warranty card